PSYB COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
1. COVID-19 Precautions- The age group Director of Powder Springs Youth Basketball (PSYB) should be promptly informed of all potential COVID-19 diagnosis and Parents will be agreeing to promptly share testing results with a designee of PSYB. Everyone will be temperature scanned before entry. Due to the nature of the pandemic, results of any positive tests or persons required to be under quarantine WILL be shared with impacted teams, players and coaches. All basketballs will be sanitized along with chairs and commonly used items. We will provide hand sanitizer at the door and at the score table.
2. COVID-19 Symptoms- Parents agree to not send their child to a practice or game while exhibiting any symptoms of illness, or if they have been exposed to anyone who has been ill. Members of PSYB reserve the right to remove any player, coach or parent exhibiting COVID-19 like symptoms. Any documented COVID-19 cases will result in specific game cancellations for impacted teams with no makeup game rescheduled.
3. Masks- Players must wear a full-face mask on over both your nose and mouth UNTIL they get past the temp check-in for all practices and games. When the practice or game is over, put your mask back on. Coaches and assistant coaches must wear a full-face mask on over both your nose and mouth at practices and games. Score table volunteers must wear a full-face mask on over both your nose and mouth at all times. Audience members must always have full face mask on over both your nose and mouth.
4. COVID-19 Requirements- We will comply with any additional restrictions placed on us by Cobb County or the State of Georgia regarding playing, masks/PPE, etc.
5. Skill assessment- Everyone will be temperature scanned before entering the building. Only coaches and players are allowed in the gym. The gyms will be cleared after each assessment before the next group enters. At all gyms, there will be one entrance and, where possible, a different exit.
6. Practices. Everyone will be temperature scanned before entering the building. Only coaches and players are allowed in the gym. The gyms will be cleared after each practice before the next group enters. At all gyms, there will be one entrance and, where possible, a different exit.
7. Games. Only one (1) person per player will be admitted to the gym for games (so no second parent, siblings, friends, grandparents, etc.); so, plan accordingly. No one is allowed into the gym early. You will be required to wait outside or in your car no matter the weather. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR OTHER CHILDREN in the car while you watch a game. Bring your own chair to games, as bleachers will not be used to adhere to social distancing requirements. Space your chairs six feet apart. People will enter through one door and enter into another to help with the flow of traffic.
8. Outside the Facility- No one is allowed at assessments, practices and games except coaches (limit of 3) and players. Parents/Guardians must wait outside or sit in your car or run errands. While waiting outside to enter, wait in your car or social distance in the parking lot. No one allowed in early to practices and games as we will fully clear the gyms after each game before next group comes into the gym. So, when a player is done with assessment/practice/game, they are to leave the gym promptly.
9. Live Stream – It is our plan to continue to work on and provide a live stream option for parents to view the in the event that we exceed the building limit as it relates to COVID.
10. Refund Policy – Once the season starts on 1/9/2021, there will be NO REFUNDS.